Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010



So I've committed to blogging every day this month, but I'm not sure why. I guess I just like a challenge. Today, I am going to paint the guestroom. I posted last year about color choices. I believe the final count was 18 possibilities. You can see some of the 'test strips' mottling the walls in the pictures.

What I finally did was to go into the paint store and just choose a color I hadn't tested, from a paint chip. I wanted a color less green than Philadelphia Cream, less grey than Standish White etc. And Hepplewhite Ivory was the winner. I guess you could say it was an 'off the wall' choice. But I'd prefer if you wouldn't.

What you see here are before pictures. Or, actually, in the middle pictures, because all of the woodwork was dark wood - stained but never sealed by previous owners. Simply painting the woodwork white has made a huge difference already. And took forever - like 5 coats and it's still not perfect. Nor is it likely ever to be, while I am painting.

2 comments:

Vivi said...

I can see already it is dramatically different. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

The Bride said...

It will look better by the time you see it in person.