Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Goth Men


Sister Rose has just posted a blog about a wonderful place called St. Bertrand de Comminges, notable for several lovely churches, Roman ruins and a beautiful location in foothills of the Pyrenees.

On reading about the history of the church, however, my attention was arrested for a moment at the name Bertrand de Goth. I immediately pictured something like this and giggled.

I had to search the internet for a suitable picture to express my Inner Vision and it was quite a fun search. Lots of stuff for Goths out there. I was particularly struck by something called 'Lace-up Gothic Death Pants.' I won't show the picture because, in this case, the Inner Vision is better than the real thing.

My only excuse for this silliness is that I live near Salem, where Goth is King, and it would not be impossible to see 3 or 4 pairs of Lace-up Gothic Death Pants in a single afternoon.

1 comment:

peaceable_tate said...

It must be living near Salem. Me, I just heard de Goth and thought, "oh? was he a Visigoth?" and that was it. But now that you mention it, LOL.