Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dear Martha....

Dear Martha,

I suppose you always knew about this fantastic Japanese masking tape. (each of these stacks is 3 rolls of highly decorative masking tape -click on the picture to enlarge for a better look).( And, by the way, this tape is supposed to be superior to our masking tape as it comes off easily and can be reapplied easily.)

Martha, I've even found an online source, Ginko Papers and I desperately want some.

But what on earth am I supposed to do with it?

That's why I'm writing to you for help, Martha.

I need a project -one of your Good Things - that's easy, produces something useful and beautiful, and uses lots and lots of georgeous Japanese masking tape. I saw the idea about making your own twist ties with pieces of wire and Japanese masking tape, but I don't think that's The One. How often do I need decorative twist ties?

Please, pretty please with sugar and cream all over it (and by this I mean, of course, Vanilla sugar created by placing vanilla beans imported from Reunion, in sugar in an airtight glass canister that looks marvellous on your marble countertops for several weeks, and creme frâiche imported from France, bien sûr), and with a homemade maraschino cherry on top - please figure out a Good Thing made from Japanese masking tape. So I can buy some.

That's all,

Yours, devotedly,

The Bride

No comments: