Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tantric Chanting Performance

The COG is up to his old tricks again. For several years, he has used a cd of birdsong and rain as his morning alarm. It's really lovely. This morning, he surprised me at 6 am with a cd of chanting Tantric monks and temple bells. I mentioned it to him this evening and all he said was, 'I didn't think you'd noticed. It was so quiet.'

Strangely, I didn't find it that quiet.

Ignore the initial noise, the chanting really doesn't get rolling until about 10 seconds in.

4 comments:

David Briggs said...

Yeah, it's quiet. That is if you think that a Saturn Five is quiet that is. Yeow!!!

Vivi said...

Is Cranky getting a little hard of hearing, perhaps?

But he did provide the tv -- that goes a long way.

Andrew Ryall Briggs said...

I thought it love-i-ly - a quiet lulling sound _ I told William it was the sound of the earth itself.

...And I am deaf as usual, so maybe not a good guage. I liked it (and wonder what Anne would say if I tried that.)

Unknown said...

This is, of course, a punk Tibetan monk band. Not what we, or rather I, woke to.