Sunday, March 2, 2014

What I've been doing....

Long story short:

Spent the autumn travelling. December was lost to Christmas. Then, it was January 1, 2014.

I have a little tradition. On Jan. 1st I reseal my stone counters.  So this year, I cleared off the counters to seal them and then I paused thoughtfully, looking up on the wall behind the counters.  High up on the wall was a little curl of peeling paint, result of an ice dam 3 years ago. And I thought: Hey! While I have the counters cleared off, why not fix that little teeny problem in the wall.

However, once I climbed up on the counter, I could see many places where there had been runnels of water that left hollow places in the paint that you couldn't see from the floor. Plus, the other little bit of damage over the window turned out to need retaping, which I had never done before. So, one thing and another, 3 weeks passed in a blur.  At the end of which time, things looked as they should have all along, which makes it seem like a lot of work for not much reward. Apart from the dull glow of a job well done.

So I painted the insides of the glass-fronted cupboards and made the half shelves I've been meaning to make for 15 years. That was more satisfying because it prettified the cupboards. Sorry for the lousy pictures. And it's a twofer - if you look closely at the upper right hand corner, you'll see some of the damage in process of being repaired.

BEFORE
















AFTER (Doors opened, not missing) (Also, I repainted the mug rack that isn't there in the first picture)






No comments: