Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Big Blue & Yellow Store - All Alone!

I spent Monday at Ikea. All by myself. I realized it was the first time I ahd ever been to Ikea by myself.

What was The COG thinking! There I was, all alone, with a credit card at Ikea. I learned so much that day.

I learned:

1) How to get to Ikea on public transport. Take the #7 bus to the train station. Take the train to East Croyden. Take the Tramway from the front of the station. Do not get off one stop early because you see the Ikea sign. You will end up walking over a mile on busy roads not intended for pedestrians before you finally risk your life running across a busy road to get there.

2) Don't depend on anything you want being in stock. The includes the Sofa Bed, which was the main reason I came a week earlier than the COG. Not in stock. Not available from The Warehouse. Come back on Saturday when they are supposed to be in stock.

3) It costs £21 and 4 hours (round trip) to get there.

3) After exactly 2.25 hours, I had shopped enough and was suffering serious Shopping Fatigue. But I had a cup of coffee and soldiered on for another hour. I was pretty surprised that I was fed up so soon.

4) Not a good idea to go home at rush hour carrying two enormous Blue and Yellow bags and a box with a bar stool in it. I took up the whole center of the train.

5) The taxi from the station to our flat costs £6.20.

So, all in all, a good day full of useful information.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Next time, will you simply take a taxi from front-door to (Ikea) front door? How much would a full-on taxi cost, and how much time would that take?

Andrew said...

Next time, will you simply take a taxi from front-door to (Ikea) front door? How much would a full-on taxi cost, and how much time would that take?