Thursday, April 22, 2010

First Sushi

I made my first sushi today. Aren't they lovely? I know they are far from perfect, but I love them. I didn't have a proper bamboo mat or any instructions,so I was working from memory and not sure which side to roll from, or how much rice to use etc. My next ones will be better. I'll find instructions online.

And the eggs? I bought two little egg shapers - a star and a heart. The eggs I used were too small, so they aren't properly shaped, but they're my first. And I love them.

3 comments:

Vivi said...

Was it hard to do? I've heard that sushi is surprisingly easy. I have troubles finding sushi -- or I should say, California-style rolls (in the grocery store, I've only ever been to a sushi restaurant with you) because 99% of the rolls have avocado in them. Maybe I could fulfill the need at home. Hmmm.

David Briggs said...

The is an episode of Good Eats with Alton Brown that discusses sushi, and, as usual, he makes it look easy. I'm sure his recipe is on line over on the Food Network Web page. You might want to check it out.

DaBris

The Bride said...

David - thanks for the tip. I'll look it up.