Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Desk

BEFORE
(just to remind you)














AFTER

Not fully titivated, but finishing will have to wait til I get back in July. I need to add decorative molding above and at the floor level, as well as edge trim on shelves and cubbies. Plus, it needs proper merchandising, However, it's a huge improvement and works very well for me as is.

Are you wondering how I built the cubbies? Don't ask. It was not pretty. I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time. The men at the local hardware store (may they all wear starry crowns in heaven) are sooooo helpful, but I don't even know what to ask for or what to call things most of the time.

But it looks nice from a distance. And not horrible up close.

2 comments:

David Briggs said...

I'm impressed. Very nice.

DaBris

Vivi said...

Mahvelous, darlink!