Monday, March 8, 2010

Quiet and Empty House

Daughter of.. and Miss T. left this morning at 4am. Son of .. volunteered to drive them to the airport, so the COG and I went back to bed after seeing them off. We got up to a strangely quiet and empty house. Even the animals seemed bemused by the silence. We heard later that they arrived home safely and there was a sweet reunion with Daddy and Momolou.

Cranky and I took Dog of COG to a state park in the afternoon. It was a lovely warm sunny day for a walk.

Returned to the quiet house.

This morning I am washing sheets and putting toys back in boxes and packing up things to send. Just generally cleaning up.

I didn't take many pictures because I was having so much fun, but the COG took some lovely ones which you can see at the COG's smugmug site Click Here.

Highlights of the week were the trip to Bostonon the train, feeding birds by hand at the Audubon place, a trip to the beach and a playground. Also, baking biscotti and baby crackers with help from Miss T. Plus some walks and just generally hanging out.

The good news is that I am going to visit them at the end of the month, so I can't feel too deprived.

No comments: