Tuesday, September 29, 2015


Son of came home the other night with Chicken of the Wood fungus - one of only 4 absolutely safe fungi.  It's safe because nothing else looks like it, but still we used google to confirm that this was Chicken of the Wood.

We sliced it thinly and sauted it with some onion and some olive oil and some white wine.  It was delicious. And it went very well with our meal of Pepperonata Pasta.  Next, I might try Polenta and Mushrooms.  

1 comment:

Kate said...

...and it was indeed non-toxic, fortunately. I learned recently how one dies from eating poisonous Deadly Amonita mushrooms. To stay on the save side, as a really risk-averse person, I will never eat a wild mushroom again.