Saturday, January 4, 2014

Update on Snow Cleaning of Rugs.

Lying in bed this morning, I had a brainstorm.  Instead of beating the carpets when they are facedown in the snow, why not use my vacuum cleaner to 'beat' them.  I know that my vacuum cleaner has an excellent beater built in.

So that's what I did for the last 3 rugs and it was amazing. First of all, it was much quicker and easier on my back than beating them. Second of all, it did a better job.  It's pretty amazing how much dirt came out of these rugs even though 2 of them were vacuumed  well 2 days ago.  There are satisfying dirty rectangles in the snow of the driveway.

I still hand swept the snow off, but that's kind of satisfying and it's easy.

Now that the rugs are clean, I'm cleaning the floors, too. I'm only half done with the downstairs because I stopped to go snowshoeing.  They'll still be dirty tomorrow.

Snowshoeing was great.


No comments: