Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Cookies (and candy)

I've spent the last few days making Christmas cookies for the trays I deliver to various places. This year the places are: The COGs workplace, the local library, A local company that allows us to store the books donated to the Friends of the Library for our sales and some friends of the Son of.
Above is one of the boxes, below is a close up of the adorable chocolate covered cherry mice. I love making these, they're so cute.

Here's what I made:
Snickerdoodles
Louise's Lebkuchen
Mom's Apricot Balls
Mom's Date Balls
Congo Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fudge
3 kinds of Bark: White Chocolate with Peppermint Chunks, Dark Chocolate with Fruit and Nuts, Marbled Chocolate with Peppermint Chunks
White and Dark Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Sticks (with red and green sprinkles)
and, The Mice.

I didn't get around to making Candied Ginger, Candied Orange and Lemon Peel, Aunt Helen's Pecan Puffs or Rum Balls.  I'm going to make some of these tomorrow, at least that's the plan. I may also try Ina Garten's Fleur de sel Caramels.

This depends on whether I have someplace else to give a tray to.  I enjoy the cooking, but I don't want it in the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daughter of Cog is feeling envy towards friends of the Son of Cog, and realizes why she is feeling homesick this season. It all about the goodies. She may need to make the mice with the Granddaughter of... We needed a project for tomorrow.